Thursday, November 29, 2007

Residency Permit


Its official I finally got my Latvian Residency Permit today after 91 days of being in the country (you are only allowed to stay visa free for 90 days and they can deport you after that). As many of you know I have put a lot of time and effort into this permit (which is actually just a sticker in my passport). After all the money and leg work Matt and I have put into this is, it actually feels very anticlimactic. But I feel like I should celebrate so I will be the American that I am and go to the mall.

2 comments:

Matt Flaten said...

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

Yvette Viets Flaten said...

Congratulations, Laura!

I'm so relieved that you got the sticker and can now come and go without worry!

Whew--what a relief, for you, I'm sure.

love,
Yvette