Saturday, July 19, 2008

Cinevilla

Today I went with the embassy people to Cinevilla....or the Hollywood of Latvia. Basically its a city set that they built for the filming of the "Defenders of Riga" the biggest budget Hollywood like film in Latvian history. It was very interesting to see and definitely something I could never have done by myself (it was in the middle of no where 5 km down a dirt road). They let you walk around the set and even dress up in period costumes. Now after seeing the set I feel like I should go see the movie again (especially since they have it with English subtitles) but unfortunately I probably will not have time before I leave. Here are the photos from my adventures.

This bridge actually only goes half way and is made of wood and mostly plastic which is why I didn't venture further out on to it.
The church where a key fighting scene in the movie took place.

The entrance to the bar in the movie.
Me in old town..with German writing in the background.

No comments: