Monday, December 10, 2007

American Party in Latvia!

One of my fellow Fulbrighters and I decided to throw an American Party on Saturday at his apartment. I made boxed brownies and received compliments all night on how good they were and if people could have the recipe. I said it was very complicated to perfect but here is what you should do....go to Stockmans (the western department store here), but the brownie mix and follow the directions. They all couldn't believe that they came from a box and I said that that was the American way. All in all it was very fun and there is nothing like heaps of alcohol to break down cultural barriers and make people friends! I even stayed out all night which I haven't done since the last time I lived here in 1999. The next day I had like 10 friendship requests on Facebook and draugiem.lv (the Latvian My Space).

Me and the girls from my Latvian class

No comments: