Thursday, July 24, 2008

My Last Day

I had a really crazy last day in Latvia..but I guess that kind of symbolizes my whole year in there, running around trying to take advantage of every opportunity with my research and cultural events.

First I went to an exhibit on Latvian Folk Costumes at the Railway Museum. It cost three lats (around $6.50) which is quite expensive for a museum in Latvia but in the end it was totally worth it.



Then I went souvenir shopping and took advantage of my last opportunity to take my photo at one of my favorite places in Latvia.
After that I headed to Jelgava to see my two favorite Latvian Bands play.
The concert was across the river from the Duke of Courland's palace..you can see it in the background behind the stage.



Me at the concert.
The concert was really me coming full circle with Latvia. I went to a concert of Prata Vetra or Brainstorm in 2005. At that time I didn't really know who they were and my Latvian wasn't very good so I couldn't really understand the words. When I went this year not only did I know many of their songs, I could understand all the words and the meanings of the songs. This concert was truly the best way to end my year in Latvia.

No comments: