Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Motherland

Ethnicity seems to play a big part in my life living in Latvia so I started referring to things ethnically and as a result call Ireland 'The Motherland'. I was able to finally visit the country of my forefathers this past weekend and had a blast. Not only was it great to visit a country I had heard about my whole life, it was also a nice reminder of home. They have many of the same restaurants and stores that we have in the US and everyone was so nice and said please and thank you...it was great. Here are some of the pictures from my trip.

Me and the River Liffey
This is Temple Bar the area of bars and restaurants by the river..we listened to traditional Irish music at the this pub.
Me enjoying food from home...McDonald's breakfast and a hot chocolate with marshmallows!
Dublin Castle
Trinity College
We wanted to see the Irish coast... so we went to Dalkey a cute little posh town where Bono from U2 lives. Unfortunately we didn't see him...
The island of Dalky with castle remnants in the background.
My friend Monika and I in front a M&L restaurant by our hostel.

1 comment:

Matt Flaten said...

I don't think I've seen anyone so happy to have a McDonald's breakfast!