Sunday, December 2, 2007

Astro'n'out Concert

One my favorite things to do is go to concerts, like movies in Latvia, they remind me of home even if the songs are in Latvian. After the Christmas tree lighting I met up with a bunch of students from my Latvian class and we went to hear the new hot band in Latvia at a place called the Soap Factory.

With that name I was expecting something much worse but it actually was the best concert venue I have been to in Latvia and even the bathrooms had toilet paper and doors that locked (which for me is very important). This is the second time I have seen the band Astro'n'out, the first time was acoustic, and I must say it was a very good concert (also the lead singer is a girl which is totally awesome). Their most popular song is about Riga and is kind of the ode to my year in Latvia.

When we went into the concert they said that we couldn't take photos...but of course I didn't listen. I took some with the flash off and then decided to chance it by taking one with the flash on. Then my friend Kristina wanted to take one with my camera and I said okay but if you get thrown out for taking the picture don't blame me....and sure enough about 30 seconds later a guard came right to our section and started yelling no pictures. I just told Kristina if he says anything to you just answer him in English like you don't understand. For once being a foreigner here might have actually helped us. Luckily he didn't see who took the photo so he couldn't do anything...still makes for a pretty exciting story though. Here are the pictures that almost got us thrown out of the concert.

My picture:

Kristina's picture:

No comments: