Saturday, December 15, 2007

Latvian Hockey

This week I got to live out one of my dreams in Latvia by attending a Latvian hockey game(twice)! One of my professors invited me to see a game with her and her family. So I saw the Latvian National team play a team from Russia....Latvia won 5-1. Then the next day I saw the Under 20 tournament where Latvia played the United Kingdom Latvia won 5-0. I went to this game with one of my fellow Fulbrighters and my Canadian friend Kristina. We sat between a drunk Latvian guy who spoke Latvian to me for three hours in Latvian (which was actually good language practice for me because he didn't speak any english) and a scout for the Washington Cavaliers (the hockey team in DC). Here are some photos from my Latvian Hockey Adventures.




My North American friends
Kristina, me and our new Latvian friend.

1 comment:

Matt Flaten said...

It looks like you had so much fun...maybe you can hire your new Latvian friend as a tutor?