Thursday, April 10, 2008

Anna Karenina

Last night I went and saw Anna Karenina the ballet at the National Opera House. I ended up skipping class to go and couldn't find anyone to go with me so I just went by myself. The tickets cost $10.00 (this includes the $4.00 I spent on the program) and it was fabulous. This is one of my most favorite books and to see it in my favorite form of artistic expression was very cool. It was kind a postmodern take on the story but the pure emotion of the story and the tragic ending was extraordinary. Just in case you haven't read it I will not ruin the ending as an episode of Jeopardy did for me! This was one of the best ballets I have ever seen and what is even more amazing was how little it cost me. That is one thing I love about living in Latvia, that I can see world class ballet and opera for a fraction of the price in a historic European setting. It truly makes the experience of living here a once in a lifetime opportunity!

No comments: