Friday, April 18, 2008

My Name's Day

April 18th is my Latvian Name's Day and I had a bunch of my close friends over with my parents to celebrate. As I have written here before when it is your name's day in Latvia you make food and provide alcohol for the party...there are no potlucks here! So my friend Monika and I spent the whole day slaving away in the kitchen making all sorts of American and Latvian treats. By the time the party arrived I wanted to take a nap! I don't know how people can entertain all the time its exhausting. But in the end the party was great and a real America meets Latvia theme with Rice Krispie Bars and Piragi. Here is a picture of my friends singing Latvian folk songs with my Latvian Karaoke DVD.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Prieciga varda diena!

Unknown said...

My mom wanted to comment on your blog, but alas she has no gmail account. So here's her comment posted by me!:

I enjoy looking at what you're doing in my country. Happy name day! From Anita