Friday, November 2, 2007

A Bad Latvian Week

I know that everyone who has lived on a foreign country has had a week like I just did. It was one of those weeks where everything goes wrong and you wish you had the comfort and for me the efficiency and customer service skills of home. I am having problems with my residency permit, got yelled at in the tram (thankfully they don't teach us much slang in Latvian class so I couldn't understand what she was saying to me), had bad cultural experiences with deadlines and people not observing them, got yelled at by a notary with about 10 people staring at me and probably thinking stupid foreigner as I was trying to convey what I needed. Lets just say it was just an all around bad week and I am glad its over! I just bought some Dr. Pepper soda and I am going to watch one of my movies and have a fun American night by myself away from all the scary yelling Latvians and hope that next week things will get better!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awww... I hope things are better now for you Lor. I expect a full update on skype tomorrow. I just got back tonight and feel like I could sleep for days. More stories to follow, I promise. Thinking of you. Love, AL x