Friday, November 9, 2007

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen...

Today I got to give a speech at the Parliament Building to the Committee on Equal Opportunities for Women and Men for the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe. At first when my boss asked me I was kind of like OK why me but then I realized it was because she would be out of town and I spoke the best English. Flattering right. I spoke on the contribution of civil society to the participation of women in politics. It was very exciting I got to have my speech translated into French and Latvian. Although I did hear some mistakes in the Latvian translation and thought about having one of those Condaliza Rice correcting moments but thought better of it. We had those microphones I always dreamed about in Model United Nations Club.....you hit a green button to talk and your microphone turns red. Kind of makes you wonder how politicians can leave them on and say inappropriate things so everyone can hear.

No comments: