Saturday, November 3, 2007

More Protests..but this time I was there!


Today I participated in the largest protest in Latvia since the independence movement. There were different reports about how many people there were but I would say between 7,000-9,000. Which is even more amazing considering it was freezing and that the snow eventually turned to rain. I really think it was a key moment in Latvian history and I was so happy to be able to be there to see it. I really love protests, to me that is democracy. People getting out on the streets and telling the government what they think. Again they were protesting the firing of the head of the Corruption Bureau and corruption within the government. The protest took place in Dome Square and here is picture I managed to take by holding my camera high above my head.

1 comment: