Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Bluetooth Crazies

Did anyone see that Keystone beer commercial where it seems like this cute girl is talking to this guy getting a beer but she is really on her bluetooth? (If you missed it here it is) The guy thinks that she is hitting on him and he starts talking to her and she's like um hold on a sec.....AKVARDS. That is my Latvianized word for awkward because the word doesn't exist in the Latvian language. (They also don't have a word for fun either which I think might say a lot about their culture). Anyways I have kind of gotten used to what I think is people talking to themselves in US especially in Seattle where there are lots of crazies. But in Latvia that technology doesn't exist (or at least people don't really use it) so today as I was walking on the street and saw a perfectly normal looking girl talking to herself and thought nothing of it. This is what happens when you live in Seattle for three years and get used to all sorts of people talking to themselves...so I guess the moral of the story is there are crazy people everywhere you just have to open your ears and eyes to see them!

No comments: