Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Pimp My Ride International

I have been watching a lot of mtv.lv lately since it is one of only three channels I get in English (cartoon network and BBC are the other two). Plus it is subtitled in Latvian so along with being able to understand everything I get to read it in Latvian and learn helpful slang swear words that we never learned in Latvian class!
Yesterday I watched Pimp My Ride International .....yes pimp my ride has gone worldwide. (I guess I didn't know if was that popular of a show since I don't have MTV in the US.) The first episode was the pimping of Marek's trabant in rural Poland. You can watch the preview on the following site http://comps.mtv.co.uk/pimp/flash/site.jhtml and let me just say it is so hilarious. The grandma does a little dance when he brings the car home and the only words they can say in English are WOW and their accents are very Borat-esque. One thing that has always puzzled me about the show is that they pimp the ride with all this expensive and cool stuff but don't tell us if they install an alarm system. Which when you see him driving down a road in rural Poland you truly wonder how long that car will look like that even with an alarm system. Clearly Pimp My Ride hasn't taken the remnants of communism and poverty into consideration as they launch their world wide pimpathon!

1 comment:

Matt Flaten said...

You are so funny...do they have a rapper as a host?