Monday, March 17, 2008

St Patrick's Day

St. Paddy's Day is big in my family because not only are we Irish but my Dad's name is Patrick. So I felt like I needed to go and celebrate my Irishness by grabbing a pint and listening to some Irish music. A couple of friends and I went to Paddy Whelan's the only Irish pub left in Riag in the hopes of finding a celebration. It was great not only was there no cover charge, they had a live Latvian folk band playing both Irish and Latvian folk songs. It was like the best of both worlds. We also go to meet some fun Irish people who live in Riga. All in all it felt like a successful way to celebrate the patron saint of the motherland even though I was in Latvia and couldn't eat corned beef and hash.
Fun Irish people waving the Irish flag.

No comments: